Ctrl +alt +delete yields CPU usage graph only

Closed
malamute5 - May 16, 2008 at 06:10 AM
 amardeep19 - Aug 18, 2009 at 02:34 PM
Good morning. Not sure I've chosen the correct division. THis is about a Dell E510 with XP. When I use the Ctrl +Alt+Delete command the only thing I get are active CPU usage and CPU history bar graph. Is this normal? I don't know how to check for running and hidden programs. Please keep answer simple as I am not very computer savvy.

I also want to delete items from my startup menu without deleting the program but don't know how.

Thanks
Related:

4 responses

Just doubleclick on the window and it will return to normal window. There you can click on processes! Had this happen to me and initially thought I had a bug!
thnk u so much...!!!i was woried tht there is virus in my pc....
mrslash Posts 159 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 45
May 16, 2008 at 02:09 PM
I think you can see all the running programs just by clicking on processes lool try it !!!!
I guess I need to clarify. There is only the square with the two active bar graphs. No Windows Task Manager -- no File: Options: View, etc. No tabs saying processes etc. JUST the bar graphs. Any ideas??
Thank you Tstroma - I had the same problem - My task manager only showed processes and it would return to the original full version. All I had to do was double click on the gray window and it popped right back to normal. Thanks so much for your advice. I was afraid I had a nasty virus.