Toshiba laptop black screen no cursor

Closed
Danyalsad Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2014 - May 18, 2014 at 07:59 PM
Danyalsad Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2014 - May 19, 2014 at 01:05 PM
Ok so I had this problem last night , my laptop became dead slow at 1st then while browsing it hanged completely and I could not even start task manager , I restarted it by holding the power button and it showed toshiba logo and then a black screen , with blinking cursor, I turned it off after sometime because it was not booting and started looking for the solution. I found the remove battery n charger , hold power for 60sec thing but when I turned it on before applying the method it booted normally now after some hours it became dead slow so I restarted it by going to start > restart and it restarted but again the black screen and white cursor , So after trying 10 times f8 it did not work (win recovery ) so i pressed f12 on 11th attempt and changed booting to fast from normal now it did not solved the problem but created a more deeper one , now I do not get the toshiba logo or f2 f12 option or anything it just goes to black screen with no cursor at the left top corner. I tried the battery removing thing , no help.Also the
f 12 is not WORKING

i want one of the following things

1. FIX THIS ISSUE, START WIN , MOVE IMP FILES FROM C AND THEN RESTORE FACTORY SETTING
2. JUST RESTORE THE WIN FACTORY SETTING
3. ANOTHER INFORMATION REGARDING THE SPECIFIC ERROR CAUSING THE PROBLEM

not to forget num lock light is on , fans are working
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 19, 2014 at 12:15 PM
It looks like you laptop will need major repairs. Perhaps a local repair shop can supply an estimate.

Good Luck
Danyalsad Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2014
May 19, 2014 at 01:05 PM
I ran a bootable kapersky rescue . it showed no virus, then I rebooted it was the same , i rebooted again n the window booted normally with normal super speed as usual, i shut down twice and turn on and it worked, but when I restarted it when to the black screen again n is still the same.
I remember the 1st time when this happened last night was when I restarted it , because it became too slow,
So now I got a point that it is having problem when restarted.

Regarding the retail shop thing , I am taking it tomorrow but I was making sure if it can be over comed without touching the hardware, As I am from Pakistan and you can not trust on a repair guy to do anything right unless you know abit about the problem yourself