All external hard drives won't work on my PC

Closed
RiCkLO Posts 5 Registration date Monday June 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2014 - Jun 2, 2014 at 01:08 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 2, 2014 at 06:00 PM
I'm running windows 7 64bit. I connect my external hdd, the info bubble pops up saying"installing driver software". Then it shows software was successfully installed. Then I can't access the hdd. It doesn't show up in My Computer. It shows by device manager. I can safety remove it/ eject, but can't access it from My computer. Autorun also doesn't work. Please help. I need to finish some work on it.
Related:

9 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 04:53 PM
Good afternoon,

One quick question:

Is this the same machine you put the files on it with?

Let us know.

RiCkLO Posts 5 Registration date Monday June 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2014
Jun 2, 2014 at 04:55 PM
No its not the same machine. I'm busy running a boot scan of my PC now.
Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 04:59 PM
Is the PC you put it on with, on a domain controller? IN other words, when you log in , is it a three line login?
RiCkLO Posts 5 Registration date Monday June 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 2, 2014
Jun 2, 2014 at 05:01 PM
Its not connected to the internet. Always off line. Not connected to a network of any sort.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 05:02 PM
What is the OS of the two machines?
Jun 2, 2014 at 05:05 PM
Both windows 7 and some files are copied from a Mac. It worked on the laptop in the office, but as soon as I put it in my off line PC to start working nothing
Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 05:07 PM
Ok, the PC at work, is it on a domain controller?

Here is my thought. Your data is locked up as the user under the work domain. Until you go and put a setting on those files to share with all users regardless of domain, then it should unlock.

Just a thought. Let me know about the domain login from work!
Jun 2, 2014 at 05:11 PM
Thanks will let you know. And see if that's the problem. Thing is the Laptop isn't on the domain. My coworker knows even less than me about PC's. She simply copied the files off the mac onto the hdd and gave it to me. I got home to work and this problem occured. She then copied the files onto another hdd brought it to me, this time she checked it on her laptop to see if it'll work. I plugged it on to my PC and the same problem.
Blocked Profile
Jun 2, 2014 at 06:00 PM
Once again, the two tests are back at work. Is it her laptop, or the works laptop? You see what I am saying could still be the flaw in testing.

I have never had any problem like this that wasn't "rights" involved.

Let us know.
//ark