Toshiba satellite laptop Error 08-0A74-0000 Partition creation f

Solved/Closed
albertanewfie14 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 3, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2014 - Jun 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 3, 2014 at 09:04 PM
My Toshiba satellite laptop recently just stopped working.. I tried restoring it back to the out of the box state by holding the power key to turn off my laptop and holding down the 0 (zero) key. I then tapped the power key to turn on the laptop while still holding "0" and I didn't hear any beeps, however the recovery of factory default software did appear! I followed the steps and I am getting an error has occurred.
Error 08-0A74-0000
Partition creation failed
Please press [OK] to turn off the computer. I am truly discouraged! Any help on getting my laptop back to it's original state would be greatly appreciated. T.I.A :)
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jun 3, 2014 at 01:00 PM
It looks like a hard drive failure to me. Perhaps a local repair shop can confirm this diagnosis.

Good Luck
albertanewfie14 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 3, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2014
Jun 3, 2014 at 07:05 PM
Thanks for your reply xpcman, luckily I was able to have a good nights rest and get up in the morning and try again. Turns out I was able to restore to factory settings using safe mode :) worked like a charm, my Toshiba laptop is up and in excellent running condition!! I was determined to fix the problem.. Hard work really does pay off! My laptop is only a couple of years old and taken care of, so I knew it couldn't be anything too serious to bring to a computer shop and spend a ridiculous amount of money.
Blocked Profile
Jun 3, 2014 at 09:04 PM
@albertanewfie14-I have had my toshiba for over 10 years, but I have seen way more die in 2 years lately. They do not build them like they used to. Make backups, and as my children say: "Be prepared!"

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!" - Oliver Sykes; Bring Me The Horizon