Acer AL2051W 20" external monitor stopped working

Closed
Micah850 Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 14, 2014 - Jul 14, 2014 at 05:38 PM
 Micah - Jul 14, 2014 at 06:25 PM
This external monitor was working a few weeks ago and now when I plug my Acer Aspire M ultrabook back in it remains black and does not let me dual screen extension again. I am not sure what the issue is. I would greatly appreciate it if someone knows. I am using a DVI cable that is linked to a Dynadock docking station that links up all the other devices like speakers, external keyboard, and mouse. I am connected to the dynadock with my labtop through a USB 2.0 cable, which should transfer my display to the monitor through the dynadock DVI cable. It worked before for a few years. Any solutions? Thanks.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jul 14, 2014 at 05:52 PM
I suggest you disconnect the Dynadock hardware and connect directly. This might help yo determine if the problem is with Dynadock.

Good Luck
Thank you, I actually do not have a DVI cable outlet on my labtop which is why I am only using the docking station to link it to my labtop. All the other external devices like mouse and keyboard are working thru the dynadock, so it should be working normally. My labtop only has USB and HDMI outlets, no DVI or VGA.

Thanks for your response.