Restore my HP

Solved/Closed
ash4usc09 - Mar 9, 2009 at 05:02 PM
 ah120 - Nov 8, 2012 at 04:52 PM
Hello,
I want to restore my HP Pavilion dv2700 laptop. I have the System Restore program installed on it but I can't find where to do a complete system restore back to factory settings/new condition. It gives me a list of "restore points" that only go back about a month and doesn't give me anything else to choose from. I've been having problems with my computer longer that that so I want to just go all the way back to factory settings. Can someone help? Thanks.

Ashley
Related:

4 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 9, 2009 at 05:34 PM
Here is the recovery procedure from the HP web site

Using the Recovery Manager
The recovery manager helps you recover your factory shipped computer programs and drivers should you experience a computer failure or instability. The recovery manager can be accessed by either of the following:

Click Start and start typing recovery in the search field. Select Recovery Manager from the list provided.
Recovery Manager is also accessible by pressing F11 during boot and allows users to recover the factory preinstalled image.

The recover manager allows you to perform the following by selecting the Yes button and then the Next button on the appropriate screen:

Software program re-installation:
o
If you select Yes and Next , you will see a software re-installation screen that helps you reinstall software that was included with your computer. Select Next and you will be provided a list of programs and be asked to choose which program you wish to reinstall. Follow the onscreen instructions.
o
If you select No and Next , you will be asked if you want the following:
Hardware driver re-installation:
o
If you select Yes and Next , you will see a hardware driver re-installer screen that helps you reinstall hardware drivers that were shipped with your computer. Select Next and you will be provided a list of drivers and be asked to choose which driver you wish to reinstall. Follow the onscreen instructions.
o
Microsoft system restore:
o
If you select Yes and Next , the Microsoft System Restore requires you to leave the Recovery Manager and by selecting Next , you will be forwarded to the Windows System Restore program. Follow the onscreen instructions.
o
Recover your computer to its original factory condition:
o
If you select Yes and Next , your computer will automatically start the shutdown procedure and reopen in the System Restore program. Be sure you want to completely restore your computer to its initial factory settings before proceeding. Otherwise select cancel.
o
If you select No and Next , you will be provided information for contacting HP Support. Clicking Finish will close the program.
yes its work
thanks
hi there. when you click f11 and then you click next. you will see the "advanced settings", click on it and chose back up to restore factory systems, you will see it. I forgot the name, so you just click on 'advanced settings', you'll know how to do it. good luck to you
But after doing this I lost my data of 200GB .... even after I took the back up over external hard disk ....please please please help me... I have 20000 or some thing official mails lost.... please help me out
factory restore should be the last option.... I lost everything after doing that... my data, all my originally buied SWs , programmes installed online... it goes back to original born baby insted of a build up & grown up chile that we make to our lappy during all its usage... dont do it.. instead try to go back one month & see if problem gets resolved... else try to find for that specific problem here on net & do the troubleshooting.....