Toshiba Laptop boots to black screen

Closed
smartdriver Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 26, 2014 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2014 - Jul 26, 2014 at 08:35 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 27, 2014 at 01:06 PM
I have scoured the forums and google for a solution to this issue and I can't get anything to work. I have tried unplugging everything, taking out the battery and holding the power button. I have tried booting to usb and dvd both with no success. I get the Toshiba logo at the beginning of the boot then it goes to a black screen most of the time. Occasionally there is a blue screen the comes up that says there is a problem, but it flashes too fast for me to catch any specific error message. I can get into the bios, and I can get into the boot selection menu. I am unable to get into the menu to boot to safe mode for some reason.

I can boot to CD if I change the Boot Mode to CSM, but then it seems to not recognize the hard drive. But it recognizes the hard drive in the bios.

I am not a total noob when it comes to computers but I am not a genius either, especially when it comes to laptops.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for help rendered.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Jul 27, 2014 at 01:06 PM
I suspect you need a new hard drive.