Start up problems with my Acer 5552 laptop

Closed
juanf3386 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 9, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 9, 2014 - Aug 9, 2014 at 12:46 PM
 juanf3386 - Aug 10, 2014 at 09:37 AM
Hope someone can help. Well basically my problem is when I turn on my laptop it acts like it is going to turn on but then suddenly turns off. I can feel the dvd drive move and I can see the light go on, but after three seconds it just turns off. I do not think its a problem with the battery because it is fully charged. Maybe it is a hard disk problem but not really sure. Has anyone had a similar problem that can help me. I'd be forever grateful.
Related:

2 responses

nisva Posts 233 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 22, 2014
Aug 9, 2014 at 01:22 PM
This is usually a over heating problem.
If you used the pc a lot let it cool down and try again.

Also remember to use a laptop cooler or keep in a wood surface.
I think you are right. It must have over heated. But it has been off since yesterday and still does the same thing. Do you think the hard disk was damaged? Or is it thaat the cooling fan stopped working and that is why it turns on and after three seconds turns off again? I can feel it vibrate when I turn it on and I see that the light from the dvd also turns on as if it were checking it but after that it turns off.