PC wont turn on. Fans spin loud.

Solved
juancrg Posts 2 Registration date Monday August 11, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 12, 2014 - Aug 11, 2014 at 11:11 PM
 Ififkfk - Sep 14, 2023 at 10:08 AM
Hello everyone. Im new to this forum so I hope you can help me with my problem. Today I was playing some warthunder when suddenly my pc just turned off. I tried to turn it on after and it wont boot. The fans were spinning loud but everything else just seems fine. Here are my specs:

Motherboard: Biostar G31-M7 TE
Cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad q6600
Gpu: Geforce GTX 260
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w
Hard Drive WD 160gb

From what I have read I think the problem is because of the motherboard. I think it has reached the end of its life. I have had his system more than 3 years. If you could help me I will be thankful. Sorry for he bad english.
Related:

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Updated on Nov 26, 2018 at 03:08 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display in the screen,

then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try

another slot.

If you have no idea about RAM, then click on the below hyperlinks "Images".

Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will result in display problem.

If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM and check the

display. If you failed to get any display then change the slot. If you still failed to

get the display then try the above procedure with the other RAM.

Good Luck
Thank you! this work for me! cheers! :D
Your suggestion fixed my issue instantly. I removed the RAM, cleared the area of dust and reinstalled the chip. The machine instantly booted back up.

Thanks!