Pavilion DV7 scroll does not work on my pad

Solved/Closed
mourghan - Mar 10, 2009 at 07:27 PM
 Mary - Feb 27, 2015 at 06:34 PM
Hello,
I have almost given up hope.... but I'm hoping you can help. Everything on my new pavilion DV7 works great except the scroll bar on my mouse pad has stopped working even though my mouse still works fine. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Or more importantly how to fix it? Thanks much in advance for any suggestions.
Related:

7 responses

After Windows updated the synaptics software had this problem.

I was able to resolve this issue by doing the following.

In the control panel go into the Mouse settings. Choose the tab for Device Settings (has red icon to left) and go into settings.

The option to choose is Virtual Scrolling and make sure tick is in the box for Enable vertical scrolling.

Hope this resolves your problem.

Message Edited by netten on 02-25-2009 09:18 AM
You are MADE of awesome!!! This worked perfectly, thank you so much!
Yeah dude I had the same exact problem that was driving me wild! I was about to do a complete system restore but this fixed my problem.

Thanks A Million
there was no option for virtual scrolling on mine. hp pavilion laptop. hp-g70-460us. thank you.
i have been doing wat u said to do, but my laptop[hp dv6000] is only shwing the icon, but not actually scrolling
brilliant thanks for that! I had to take a few more steps and go in to another little icon on the side of the part that says 'scrolloing' which gave me more options to adjust
This is the easies way too fix the the scrolling problem on ur dv7 mouse. First go to windows update and see if windows update produces and update for SYNAPTICS POINTING DEVICE IF SO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL . Second if not there go too start control panal mouse icon click on it once there go too HARDWERE tab and then too PROPERTIES see if U have and update driver option if so click on it an update DRIVER TAB FOR ur mouse pad AND UPDATE THAT WAY. THIRD AND EASIEST GO TOO UR HP RECOVERY MANAGER AND CLICK ON IT AND ONCE IT POPS UP HIT NEXT AND IT WILL ASK U IF IT IS A PROGRAM DRIVER CLICK NO AND THEN IT WILL ASK U IS IT A DRIVER PROGRAM CLICK YES LOOK FOR UR MOUSE SYNAPTICS REINSTALL IT THERE AND RESTART AND IT WILL DEFINELY WORK ......
man!!! thanks a lot that totally worked dude u saved my ass lol thanks a lot for the tip man u rock!!!!
You're my hero. Haha. thank you!
Thanks a lot..!! it really solved the problem..!!
ANY COMPUTER CONTAINING UR MOUSE U CAN CONTACT ME GROM MY POST IF IT DOES NOT WORK FOR YA
My scroll pad is not working however, I have a DV6 and it didn't work. Please help.
same - I have a dv6
thamx you r the man
Click the windows link or start circle and type "mouse" in the search. Click the first option "mouse". Click Device Settings, and then click Settings.... Go to Scrolling and double click it. This opens a new window, click enable vertical scrolling, and enable horizontal scrolling. click okay, close window. click apply. Enjoy scroll option

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hahaha bitch! got it fixed!
Thank you so much was going nuts
This long after original post, I'm s glad this was here! I had the same problem after a windows update and had to do what was advised. *sigh* thanks so much.