Keyboard not working properly with the ctrl key

Closed
cooljenjen Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2014 - Aug 25, 2014 at 08:03 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 25, 2014 at 04:35 PM
Hi! I've got this problem with my Asus laptop keyboard.
It says that Im holding down the CTRL key when I'm not. That's why when I type "f", it opens the find pop-up. When I press "A", it highlights all the things i've typed and so on.. I've also noticed that when I press the spacebar and everything that's in the last line of the keyboard, it again says that I'm holding down the CTRL key (when I don't).. in that case, I need to open the on-screen keyboard again and again in order to make the CTRL key "off" and it's a bit annoying already. Can you help me guys? What's wrong with my key board and how can I fix it?
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 25, 2014 at 04:35 PM
These types of keyboard problems often require the replacement of the complete keyboard. Some people have been able to clean under the failing key and restored it's use. But, the chance of breaking the offending key and or other keys is high. A good source for replacement keyboard is Ebay.

Good Luck