How to copy data in cell ranges to another worksheet "if"

Closed
Ydls Posts 3 Registration date Thursday August 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2014 - Aug 28, 2014 at 12:54 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 28, 2014 at 06:59 PM
I have a source worksheet that is named "AVDistribution" and has several columns and rows of data and I have additional worksheets in the same workbook that are named and have only column headings.
What I need to do is this:
If I am working in the AVDistribution worksheet (source worksheet) and go to column L, row 6 and put a check mark or "x" in that cell, I want the data from cells B6:E6 of this worksheet to be copied to cells B6:E6 of a worksheet named AVReceivers and not to any of the other worksheet in the workbook.

Can you please help?

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 28, 2014 at 01:41 PM
Is there anything already in those cells you wish to copy to?

YOu may have to use the formula in each one of those cells to check to see if an "x" is in the chosen location.

So, it would look like this:
AVReceivers B6 =IF(AVDistribution!L6="X",AVDistribution!B6,"")
AVReceivers C6 =IF(AVDistribution!L6="X",AVDistribution!C6,"")
AVReceivers D6 =IF(AVDistribution!L6="X",AVDistribution!D6,"")
AVReceivers E6 =IF(AVDistribution!L6="X",AVDistribution!E6,"")

Give that a go!

I hope it helps!

Ydls Posts 3 Registration date Thursday August 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2014
Aug 28, 2014 at 01:44 PM
Thanks for your help. Let me give it a try.
Ydls Posts 3 Registration date Thursday August 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2014
Aug 28, 2014 at 06:50 PM
I tried it, however, I ran into some issues.

I have data in columns headings A-U on my master worksheet.
I have 150 rows of data on columns A-E, rows 1-150 on my master worksheet.

I have only column headings in the AV Receiver worksheet columns A-T, with no other data.

When I marked an "X" in column L (of the Master worksheet) all the way down for a total of only 10 "x's" down the column, several rows apart from each other, the information was copied to the AVReceiver worksheet, but left a large amount of gaps in the rows where "x's" were not entered in the master worksheet, and my item numbers are off as well. See below....

So my AVReceiver spreadsheet looks like this:

Item Room Qty Manufacturer Model
1 Kitchen 1 ABC Company 11233kl2
empty cell empty cell empty cell empty cell empty cell
5 Kitchen 1 ABC Company 3904-54-mn

I also had to copy the formula you gave me, all the way down to the amount of rows that I had in my master sheet, because the formula was not automatically updating itself therefore leaving my AVReceiver worksheet with no copied information from the Master Worksheet. Is there any way that the formulas could repeat themselves in their respective column and row, no matter how many rows we have?
Thank you so much for your help.
Blocked Profile
Aug 28, 2014 at 06:59 PM
Yes, Hang tight. I thought the scope was a little simple. An excel pro willl around soon to get to the nuts and bolts of it.