My dell inspiron laptop doesn't turn on [Solved]

Ask a question Jonathan - Last answered on Feb 6, 2017 at 09:51 PM by Dms
It was working just fine yesterday and today its not turning on, when I put the charger, the green light on the battery automatically turns off, help! I just don't know what to do!
See more 
Helpful
+39
moins plus
You can try the hard reboot process:
1. remove the battery and power cord
2. push and hold down the power button for 45 seconds
3. restore battery and power cord
4. restart the laptop
sshroff.01 2Posts Monday May 16, 2016Registration date May 16, 2016 Last seen - May 16, 2016 at 10:19 AM
The same prob occurred with my laptop BT it doesn't get started after following the above steps
Yezicool- May 23, 2016 at 04:55 AM
Pls I need help on my inspiron 15 it does not restart, whn u click on restart it just shut down and I have to press the power button like 10 to 20 times before it will come on. Pls how can u help. Thanks
RedDee- May 28, 2016 at 03:32 AM
Thank you, than you! Phew!
Rizzo77- Jan 12, 2017 at 08:44 PM
I tried your method and as soon as I connect the power supply to the dell inspiron laptop, the green light on the power supply goes. And the laptop still won't power up with power button. Any help?
Dms- Feb 6, 2017 at 09:51 PM
I've had the same problem. Replaced the battery with a new one and it has worked fine for about a week. Worked fine 3 hrs ago now nothing. I tried above technique and it didn't work for me. If I take the battery out and leave plugged in there is no light or signs of life.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?