Asus laptop wont power on

Closed
hundalh Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 18, 2014 - Sep 18, 2014 at 02:51 PM
hundalh Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 18, 2014 - Sep 18, 2014 at 04:58 PM
I have an Asus U56E and recently its wifi has been acting up, so I took it in to get it repaired. They re-installed the OS and installed a new wifi card. It was working perfectly fine so I decided to download Microsoft Office and I left my laptop alone while it downloaded. I only left it alone for about an half a hour. When I got back to it the screen had gone black and the power light had gone off. I pressed the power button to turn it on and the power light flashed on and then turn off again. Assuming it was dead, I plugged in the power cord except the battery LED light that shows if the laptop was charging or not didn't come on. I took out the battery and put it back in and then again plugged in the power cord and the charging light came on. I pressed the power button and again the power light flashed on and off and the charging light turned off.

I have tried everything, help me. I plan on taking it back to the guy that fixed it but I need my laptop tomorrow and I dont know if he'll be able to get it done by tomorrow.
Related:

2 responses

hundalh Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 18, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 18, 2014
Sep 18, 2014 at 04:58 PM
I've tried that, it doesn't work. The power light flashes on and then turns off again.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 18, 2014 at 03:47 PM
I suggest you try this procedure:

1. remove the battery and disconnect the power cord
2. push in the power button and hold it down for 45 seconds
3. reinstall the battery and connect the plug
4. start as normal

This procedure often resets a system after a hibernation problem.

Good Luck