Building a reporting tool

Closed
anjosm Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 1, 2014 - Oct 1, 2014 at 11:06 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Hi Guys,

This is my first time on this forum but it won't be my last. I am pretty functional with excel but lack VBA/macro skills but I am in the process of improving these skills.

I am a currently on an internship with a large company and they want me to automate one of their current processes as it is currently inefficient.

Currently the Key Account Managers at our business inputs new updated prices of all their sku's for each retailer and then sends the file to my manager and then they read the updated prices off the sheet that was sent to them and lastly they input the changes onto a different excel document.

I want to make this process very simple and efficient. It is one of my projects for the term so I want to do very well. Who know's they might like me and hire me full time after.

Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Ok, if you are on internship, then that makes this homework. We do not do homework. We can help but you have to give some start, and let us know where you are stuck. We do not provide turnkey solutions. We are a group of volunteers, that are happy to help when you are stuck. We are not here to gain you a promotion or complete homework assignments.

Try this for a start....start recording the macro(s) that would make this happen. You may have to record more than one. Then put it all into one script.

Try that! Let us know where you are stuck.