Can't Access Facebook, other websites are fine (FRUSTRATED!!!) [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question rcgaffud 3Posts Wednesday October 1, 2014Registration date October 8, 2014 Last seen - Last answered on Mar 23, 2017 at 05:20 AM by John
Hi, I need you or anyone's help so bad, It has been 5days now since I wasn't able to access my facebook on my laptop and it is so frustrating! Facebook doesn't load while the other websites are working fine! (NOTE: it is only happening on my laptop at home, I can access my facebook on other connection)It keeps on saying "Webpage Not Available" I tried everything but still nothing happens. I'm badly needed anyone's help, facebook is the only way I can communicate with my family while working abroad! Please help me :(

PS: My laptop is Windows 8.1, I am using Google Chrome, I have firefox and internet explorer before but since this problem occurs I uninstall firefox and internet explorer.
See more 
Helpful
+88
plus moins
Hi Ambucias, thanks for the help. Although I tried everything and still nothing good, a miracle happened yesterday. I don't know if there's any significance, but all I did was just logged off my facebook account on my phone (android) then wait for few minutes and then re-login it again (on phone). After a while when it successfully logged in on my phone, I restarted my laptop (from where I can't access facebook website. Then everything works fine, no more unavailable facebook website anymore. I think the main cause of the problem is the synchronization of my android phone to my laptop. Thanks again!
Was this answer helpful?  
Racerboy221- Sep 11, 2015 at 10:01 PM
I can't believe I am reading this....it's exactly what's been happening to me today as well. Trying this solution with the phone first then the laptop next.
zoans- Sep 14, 2015 at 04:28 PM
Wow the same catastrophe has befallen me today ? ?
Amy Lou- Sep 17, 2015 at 05:46 AM
Cant log on to log out
Alaa- Sep 27, 2015 at 12:14 AM
hi, rcgaffud!! Unbelievable! I had the same problem! Have done the same as you had, & every thing is back to normal! A great post of yours! You started the issue & you yourself closed it so nicely!! Thank you sooooo much!
John- Mar 23, 2017 at 05:20 AM
It worked. Thanks.
Helpful
+9
plus moins
I have been unable to log in for 2 weeks and have tried everything recommended. I get either a message "Sorry, something went wrong.

We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can." or a blank page.

I was able to reset the password tonight, and got a confirmation message, but it did not help. This is the only site with a problem, and is the same on my desktop and laptop.

This is driving me nuts. Anyone have any ideas?
flyfisher111- Sep 22, 2015 at 10:46 PM
I also tried logging in after uninstalling AVG and Malwarebytes, as well as turning off the Windows firewall.
Helpful
+7
plus moins
hi, rcgaffud . i'm having the same problem to you. I see that you said your problem was solved thanks to Ambucias. But actually I can't see the his/her comment. Can you tell me again, plz?
Alaa- Sep 27, 2015 at 12:12 AM
Unbelievable! I had the same problem! Have done the same as you had, & every thing is back to normal! A great post of yours! You started the issue & you yourself closed it so nicely!! Thank you sooooo much!
Helpful
+2
plus moins
Hi Ambucias thanks for sharing your ideas, yes I already did deleting temporary files and cookies, but still the same issue. I even tried configuring "host" which is deleting columns that is mentioning www.facebook.com (although when I configured hosts, by opening it through notepad, there's no facebook whatsoever), I tried uninstall all web browsers and re-installed google chrome, the issue was fixed for 1 day and the next day it occurs again. I also tried to put "s" on http (https://) and still it didn't solved the problems. I'm so helpless now, I can only chat with my parents when I am at work.

---- still waiting for other solution. thanks!
same problem- Apr 2, 2015 at 12:12 AM
try to restart your pc.
maybe it works. :)
same problem- Apr 2, 2015 at 12:15 AM
We have the same problem.
but other says,you just restart your pc.
same problem- Apr 2, 2015 at 01:05 AM
hi, I already solved the problem about facebook webpage.
just clean up your history and caches.
it works
asshole- Jun 22, 2015 at 06:25 PM
yea no it doesn't
trish- Apr 16, 2015 at 07:28 AM
Keep getting ssl connection error
Helpful
+1
plus moins
I have the same problem I can access fb in my android but not in my pc
Helpful
+0
plus moins
PS: My laptop is Windows 8.1, I am using Google Chrome, I have firefox and internet explorer before but since this problem occurs I uninstall firefox and internet explorer.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Try deleting all of your temporary files and cookies, it should then work.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?