PROBLEM WITH WD 500GB EXTERNAL HARD-DRIVE

Closed
djseebee Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2009 - Mar 12, 2009 at 05:39 PM
djseebee Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2009 - Mar 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Hello,
before a couple days something weird happing to my harddrive ... i had my HD for 2 years ago and everything going fine a couple days i connected the HD to move some data on it and unfortunately i used CUT & PASTE method not COPY & PASTE .. but it doesnt complete transferring data and it stopped or freezed i cant remember so i restart and back cant read at all ... i really had 2 partitions on it divided to 250GB each .. so i kept it for other day when i connected partitions comes again 1 working great but the other one who was moving the data has failed always ... i dont know what happens .. i used to check HD with Western Digital Software it tells me alot of BAD SECTOR .. but sometimes it works i moved some date from it then it FREEZED again ... while i am trying to resolve the problem by connecting everyday for less min's and freezed ,now the PARTITION DISAPPEARED AT ALL .. DAMN did i lose the data .. i just wanna know what is the problem exactly .. i am using windows VISTA and i connected to onther PC have XP same problem .. do u think its electric voltage problem coz it freezed but when i am using the other partition it works like a charm .. i really need the to recover the date from onther partition .. even so when i boot windows connecting the HD it freezed till i remove the USB .. if any one has face this problem or have any clue please help me ..... sorry for bad english .. and thanks in advanced ...
Related:

2 responses

devis21 Posts 14 Registration date Saturday September 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2009 3
Mar 13, 2009 at 08:47 AM
hi,
you can attempt to fix the bad sectors by running a disk check.
this is happening because the HDD is problematic.
you can also try a "scanreg".
if even trying the HDD on another computer did the same thing, then your HDD is surely faulty.
remove your files from it as the HDD may die at any moment.
djseebee Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2009
Mar 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM
thanks for replay devis1 .. acctuley onther parations are not showing at all and it gives me IS RAW but other one is showing is NTFS ... but now is become very slow of reading ... do u have any good software can recover to backup the data before it dead at all .... or there is any possible to recover partations or bad sector again .. i think its a logical bad sector not physical on ..... what do u think ?????