How to resize my partition space?

Closed
Joycefon0 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 29, 2014 - Oct 29, 2014 at 11:42 PM
ChrisWood3 Posts 12 Registration date Friday November 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2015 - Nov 7, 2014 at 01:46 AM
In fact, last night, when installing a game on my laptop, a message was given and told me my system partition was in low disk space. This morning,, restarting this laptop and trying again, I also got the same partition space problems. But, I am sure that there is still enough free space left on the same physical drive. My F partition is nearly empty. Do you have any idea for me to resize my F partition and move the extra space to my system partition? How can I do that? Thank you for any suggestion.
Related:

3 responses

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Oct 30, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Go to the 'Disk Management' by right clicking on 'My Computer' and choosing 'Manage'. Under drives window, right click on the system partition you want to resize and select 'Extend'. Enter the numeric value of exact size of your partition 'F'.

Keep in mind that you've to delete the Partition 'F' before resizing your system partition.

P.S. I'd recommend you to take recovery drive handy as sometime extending the system partition might leads to complete system inaccessibility and data loss.

Let us know your progress!!
Bettyton0a Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 2, 2014
Nov 2, 2014 at 09:37 PM
All right! Here is a video tutorial that can help you somehow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jCeT7CbsKk
Make partition data backups well in advance.
ChrisWood3 Posts 12 Registration date Friday November 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 14, 2015 6
Nov 7, 2014 at 01:46 AM
Try Partition Master to resize your partition.
There are two ways:
1. Merge system partition and F: into one partition (the bigger system partition).
2. Shrink F: space to produce the unallocated space, then add the unallocated into system partition.

About the deep guide, you could read the article.
https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-guide/extend-system-partition.html