Need to change boot sequence of hard drives

Closed
gary - Mar 14, 2009 at 03:35 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 14, 2009 at 05:59 PM
Hello,
While in the process of wanting to move data from an old hard drive to a new hard drive in a new computer I hooked up the old hard drive and now the computer is trying to boot from the old one rather than the new one.

I went to the BIOS and am so far unable to change the boot sequence so the new hard drive boots first and the old drive boots second.

Under MAIN it shows the order but doesn't seem to allow changes there. Under ADVANCED it also doesn't seem to allow changes. When I hit ENTER whent he drives are highlighted under MAIN it says nothing I can find about renumbering them.

When I got to BOOT it allows changing sequence but doesn't differentiate between the hard drives, simply describing them as Hard Drives Group.

How do I get the old drive to boot AFTER the new one?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Gary
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 14, 2009 at 05:59 PM
There are a number of methods used to change the boot order. Try to highlight the drive and then use the PageUp key or the + key to move it up the list. Good Luck