Internet Explorer does not work, but Chrome and Firefox do [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question asi-rh 1Posts Tuesday November 25, 2014Registration date November 25, 2014 Last seen - Last answered on Dec 1, 2014 at 08:31 AM by asi-rh
I am running on Windows 8.1 x64. Everything was working fine until Friday. I noticed that Outlook would not display images. (Not a red X, but a rectangle, circle and a triangle in a box) I checked all of the settings and it was set to display images. Then I tried IE 11 and no matter what web site I try it would come up with "This page can't be displayed". I tried "Restore advanced settings" and "Reset" on the Internet options, Advanced tab in IE. Nothing changed. Microsoft OneDrive does not work properly. Both Chrome and Firefox work with no problems. I am able to use FileZilla to do ftp transfers. I am not able to use Cisco AnyConnect to connect to some systems, but I am able to connect to others.

I even tried rolling back the last system update (which was 1 week before the problem occurred) but the problem still remains. I have another computer on the same network running Windows 8.1 x64 and it does not have the problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Unstall it reinstall.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
This problem persisted for over a week. I accidentally turned off my router and when it came back on everything worked properly. Really strange because I had another computer running the Windows 8.1 x64 that still worked fine on the same router the whole time. Just glad it is working properly now.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?