How can I transfer data from one spread sheet to another?

Solved/Closed
elizatex Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday November 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2014 - Nov 25, 2014 at 11:53 AM
 elizatex23 - Nov 30, 2014 at 07:54 PM
Hi,

I'm working in excel and on one spreadsheet and I'm having to retype everything on to another spread sheet, I want to be able to have my data transfer to another spread sheet at a trigger cell. For example

Spreadsheet A has the client's info, payment, appointment, date, doctor and a lot of other details and finally "how much the client owes" in "how much the client owes" I want it to automatically trigger just the info I listed above to Spreadsheet B.

In other words,

What I want transferred to Spreadsheet B is all of the above info but I want it transferred ONLY when I type in the amount the client owes in Spreadsheet A. Once I type that in Spreadsheet A, I want all of that to transfer to Spreadsheet B.

How Can I make this happen?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Related:

4 responses

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Nov 26, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Hello Elizatex,

Did you also want each row of information from Sheet A deleted once transferred to Sheet B?

Regards,
vcoolio.
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Nov 26, 2014 at 09:31 AM
Hello again Elizatex,

I have attached a sample workbook based on the information that you provided. Click on the following link to download it:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mg76xrcjby1j1v9/Elizatex.xlsm?dl=0

I think that I have understood your requirements. The active column is Column F which I have titled "Owing". Place the dollar value in each cell of Column F then click away from the cell and the client details should transfer to Sheet2.

I have included a line of code to delete the details from Sheet1 that are transferred to Sheet2. I am assuming that in your actual workbook you would not want to duplicate all client details and clutter up your data entry sheet (Sheet1).

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
vcoolio.
This is absolutely perfect, thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!
Nov 28, 2014 at 01:29 AM
Hi Elizatex,

I'm glad that I could help.

I don't know how you managed to replace your nick with mine (sort of) on your last reply!

Cheers,
vcoolio.
LOL, I just saw that. I have no idea....oops! =)