Restore from .Bak file issue.

Solved/Closed
emilis87 Posts 1 Registration date Friday November 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 28, 2014 - Nov 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM
roin58 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 2, 2014 - Dec 2, 2014 at 08:59 AM
First off thanks for reading, I am new to SQL (SQL Server 2000). Unfortunatley I just had the array my Data was on and my tape backup get toasted, I was able to do some data recovery on the remaining drives and pull off about 15 different .bak files for the database I need to restore. Unfortunatley I keep getting errors like "Microsoft SQL_DMO "ODBC SQLState: 4200" "AN internal inconsistancy error has occurred. Contact technical support for assistance. Restore Database is Terminating abnormally." Anyone have any suggetions on how to get around this error or how to correctly restore a database from a .BAK file.
Thanks again.
Related:

1 response

roin58 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 2, 2014
Dec 2, 2014 at 08:59 AM
Hello! well...try to use this steps.

1. Click the Windows Start button, then select the following: "Programs" > "Microsoft SQL Server" > "SQL Server Management Studio." Log in to the server using the administrator username and password.
2. Right-click the database icon on the left-hand side of the SQL Server Management Studio screen. Select "Restore Database." Locate the field labeled "To Database" in the dialog box that follows. If your BAK file is being used to restore an existing database, enter the name of that database here. Enter a different name to create a new database from your BAK file.
3. Enter the location of your .bak file. Locate the field labeled "From Device" in the same dialog box. Click the corresponding drop-down menu and select the location of your BAK file. Click "OK." Your SQL Server database has been restored using your BAK file.
Or you can see more information consernig this problem on this site:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140831041633AAk25Sz

Good luck))