Laptop doesn't have any option to enable wifi

Solved/Closed
dashing55 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2014 - Updated on Jun 16, 2017 at 02:36 AM
 cnet - Apr 29, 2017 at 08:31 AM
yesterday I format my laptop and install window 8.1. Now there is no wifi option in my laptop, not anywhere in the network option. I try to check if there is problem with my wifi by installing Ubuntu. It works well in Ubuntu bt not in window 8.1. plz help me fix my problem.

4 responses

TomBarry Posts 4 Registration date Saturday November 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 17, 2014 1
Dec 16, 2014 at 01:12 AM
Hey,
First of all, Windows 8.1 don't require any drivers the Os is meant for that, if you are not getting any of options regarding WIFI you can change them in control panel.
There may be a adopter problem by switching it on and off.you may get your WIFI options back.
You can have this settings in control panel-network connections.
Even then if you need wifi drivers,then you need to have your laptop series then you can download that particular series drivers from official website or other providers.
Blocked Profile
Dec 16, 2014 at 07:33 AM
No hardware drivers? Wow so the whole architecture of the PC has changed with a new O/S release? I guess I am going home, as I "learned" something?!?
TomBarry Posts 4 Registration date Saturday November 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 17, 2014 1
Dec 17, 2014 at 12:57 AM
No drivers i.e, like XP and all there, is no need of all the installations of drivers. What i'm saying is the drivers are inbuilt for 8, 8.1. If possible learnt that first.
How can windows drivers are reason for display of WIFI options....!!!!!!
Blocked Profile
Dec 17, 2014 at 09:53 AM
@tombarry - Well then if it doesn't work, then the drivers are not there. It IS POSSIBLE the hardware has not been certified with 8, or 8.1! It is called requirements. Anything is possible when you meet the requirements. Think of the bolts that hold a rocket down, there are requirements that these bolts BREAK once a threshold of force has been applied. Too soon and the rocket falls over in the slightest breeze. Too late and the fuel runs out before reaching orbit. THIS sir, is NOT ROCKET science!

@dashing55- what os did it have prior to the ubuntu or 8.1? Did you verify that the hardware is 8.1 certified?
hi, I have same problem like you explained so I try to enable my wifi ,but the problem is, in the adapters setting there are only 2 options .1 for Bluetooth network connection and another for Ethernet . there is not any option for wifi