5th Generation iPod Won't Turn On [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Kitty - Last answered on Jun 23, 2017 at 12:28 PM by VFlo
Hello. My ipod touch 5th generation won't turn on... I tried charging it, and holding down the power button, and nothing. Just a black screen. And I'm pretty sure the battery life wasn't close to being dead... Please help!
See more 
Helpful
+180
plus moins
i had the same problem and I went to another thread with same problem being discussed and someone had posted this....(it worked for me)

"Try plugging in the charger then press and hold down the Center button and the Menu button at the same time."
Was this answer helpful?  
Ituneslover- Aug 9, 2016 at 06:15 PM
Nope did not work help me please!!!!!
Mia12341224- Aug 14, 2016 at 02:04 PM
Thanks so much my life nearly ended
derevko- Mar 8, 2017 at 08:07 AM
oh thx a lot. I was so worried when my iPod just went blank.
I was listening to music on it this morning and it was fine.
I left it in me trenchcoat pocket, and as I was on me way back home in the tube, I wanted to listen to music, but all I heard was the clicking sound of the wheel, but nothing in the display.
bloody hell man. I hope that never happens again for as long as I exist.
lucia- Apr 23, 2017 at 06:49 PM
thx it worked
VFlo- Jun 23, 2017 at 12:28 PM
Thanks so much. This worked.
Helpful
+45
plus moins
THIS WORKED! I was skeptical because I had no usual warning that my battery was low etc. My iPod just went black..DEAD . But this was a nice surprise. At first the low battery icon appeared, then the Apple logo, finally after a few more seconds the locked screen ~ Whew! Thank you!
An unbelievably relieved mum- Jun 6, 2016 at 04:09 PM
Thank you so so much. My son has autism n this happened to his iPod and I did this and it worked. I dread to think what would have happened if it hadn't worked as his iPod is his comfort. So to who posted the post I honestly cannot thank you enough x x
THANK U- Jul 1, 2016 at 04:13 PM
thank u so much this worked I held it down be4 for about 20 secs and it didn't work then I found this and held it down for about 30-40 secs and it worked!! Thank U so so much xxx
Fatoom- Jul 10, 2016 at 01:27 AM
Worked for me thnx
shaebaby09- Jul 22, 2016 at 10:32 AM
thank you i almost had a fit....
Helpful
+16
plus moins
Thank you so much. My daughter's Ipod wouldn't power on and I tried this and it worked!
Kekebean- Jul 13, 2016 at 08:05 PM
Omg thanks sooooo much muah ❤️
Bufu120- Jul 16, 2016 at 03:22 PM
What is the cause for this, anyone know?
JTE- Jul 18, 2016 at 06:51 AM
Wish it had worked for me, my Ipod is totally dead and will not turn on thought it might be the charger lead but that works fine for my iPhone, 2nd Ipod I have had and this has happened, what is wrong?
keelo123r- Jul 26, 2016 at 05:13 PM
worked for me too, after 30 seconds of holding buttons down, any less than that seemed useless! thanks a lot for the quick fix!!!
Queng- Jul 31, 2016 at 10:07 PM
Thank you it worked, after 20 seconds
Helpful
+7
plus moins
Thank you very much for your tip I thought about this of holding the menu button and the power button and i work. Wonder why this happened. Does any one knows what this occurred

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?