Files on pen drive disappeared and turned into.DDD

Closed
chirka11 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 4, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 4, 2015 - Jan 4, 2015 at 06:37 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 6, 2015 at 05:59 AM
Hello everybody,
I got a weird problem with pen drive.
When I connect my pen drive to my PC (Windows Vista) it skips the dialog box part showing me straight away the content BUT,
instead of every file and folder I had it shows the ' DDDDDDDD.DDD ' file.
I have never seen anything like this, I can't find any of my files that were there before.
please, help me if You can!
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
Jan 6, 2015 at 05:59 AM
Hello,
# Download USB Fix on your computer, and launch it.
# It will start automatically, and a shortcut will be created on your desktop.
# Connect all your external data sources to your PC (Usb keys, external drives, etc...) Do not open them.
# Choose " Deletion " option.

#The computer will re-start, and it may be longer than usually.

# UsbFix will display a message at re-start.

# Click "OK" to start cleaning.
# Copy/paste the report here.

Tutorial : http://www.en.usbfix.net/2014/02/usbfix-tutorial-clean-option/
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Jan 5, 2015 at 02:29 AM
Hey chirka11. About the drive going directly to your content instead of showing you the dialogue window, this might be because you or someone else who uses the computer might have selected the "Always do this for ..." option and selected "Open folder to view files" which automatically will do the same thing with each storage device you connect if it has the same type of files. As for the file problem, this looks more like some sort of virus. I'd recommend that you update you anti-virus program's database and run a scan. You could also try using some recovery software to see if you can get your files. Take a look at this thread for some solutions on data recovery: https://www.tomshardware.com/

Hope that helps. Good luck with your data.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative