Corrupt word file - says to use text converter

Solved/Closed
JordanBryc Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2015 - Jan 9, 2015 at 03:46 AM
josephcols81 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 14, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2015 - Jan 16, 2015 at 03:02 AM
Hello, I have been reading some posts about you to repair a file and it says to use the text converter. I dont see how to use it though. I want to repair this file.

Related:

1 response

josephcols81 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 14, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 16, 2015 1
Jan 16, 2015 at 03:02 AM
Save the document in a different file format. If you can open the document with your version of Word, saving it in a format such as .rtf (rich-text format) or .txt (ASCII text format) may strip out whatever codes corrupted the file in .doc or .docx format. After opening the converted document, you can then re-save a new version of the document in .doc or .docx format to see if the problem returns.

Be aware that .txt format does not support text-formatting features such as bold, italics, and underline. If your document featured extensive formatting, save it in .rtf format to preserve the formatting before re-saving it in .doc or .docx format.

Note also that some Word documents may be corrupted in such a way that a file saved in a different file format in Word may not be able to be opened again.

If doesn't help, look here: https://www.reddit.com/r/word/comments/2aisx5/how_to_recover_corrupted_word_files/