Have i fried my RAM?

Closed
zenpth Posts 4 Registration date Friday January 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 18, 2015 - Jan 16, 2015 at 11:59 AM
zenpth Posts 4 Registration date Friday January 16, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 18, 2015 - Jan 18, 2015 at 07:38 AM
Hello, i've not long had this PC and a few days ago i took out my memory module to find out its specs, after doing so i've put it back correctly, turned on my PC and everything came on as normal except there's no signal going to the monitor (i've already checked the wire by connecting through my laptop to the monitor and had no problems) i've tried multiple solutions and none have worked, i don't want to spend £60+ on a new memory just to find out if this is the problem.
It would be much appreciated if someone could explain what's wrong :)

PC Specs:

APU: AMD A series processors
Chipset: AMD A58
Memory: Kingston 8GB Module - DDR3 1600MHz, Non-ECC, CL11, 1.5V, Unbuffered, DIMM.
Related:

6 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 16, 2015 at 04:48 PM
It wouldn't boot if it were a memory problem. I suggest you double check the connections since you opened the case last.

Have FUN!

"If you would have told me 20 years ago that everyone was going to be a photographer in 20 years, I wouldn't have believed you!"