How can I get into a Dell Latitude D630 when I forgot password?

Closed
chrissy - Jan 18, 2015 at 08:47 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 18, 2015 at 04:21 PM
My mom found a Dell Latitude D630 Windows XP Professional in her attic or basement. She found about 3 different laptops when she was cleaning out her attic and laptop so I'm not sure which part of her old house this came from. Anyways there is a user account with a password and we don't know it, and when I boot it in safe mode she doesn't know the administrator password either. And the password is not the obvious "administrator" password. How can I get into it, I'd hate for her to throw it away, or spend money to get it open. Are there any free password removal programs, or a way to reset the whole laptop using the F-something buttons. I don't care about erasing anything on the laptop.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 18, 2015 at 04:21 PM
Greetings,

We are terribly sorry but Kioskea cannot help you to recover your lost password, because you can't prove that you are the legitimate owner. . Everyday computers are stolen, although you may be honest, we do not wish to help potential criminals.

The reasons are explained in this link:

https://ccm.net/faq/9201-why-ccm-doesn-t-recover-lost-passwords

Best regards