Asus laptop blank screen, no fan, no HD spin help please D:

Closed
Misaonya Posts 2 Registration date Saturday January 31, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2015 - Jan 31, 2015 at 02:22 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jul 8, 2016 at 03:27 AM
Hello,
I have an Asus X551M. I was playing my game normally when all of a sudden my screen went static, with distorted sounds and distorted graphics too. So I got scared and did a forced shutdown by holding the power button. Then, when I was going to turn it on, it woulndt turn on. The power indicator lights up but I hear nothing working, like no fan etc. Usually it makes that noise that the hard drive is working and stuff. And the screen doesnt display anything at all too. It just stays like that as if it was off. Basically, only the power indicator responds when I open the laptop. I don't know what might be the cause of this but if somebody can tell me what's happening, I'd be really thankful. I hope someone tells me what to do too and what not. D:

Someone please help me :c
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 31, 2015 at 02:30 PM
It appears you have a massive failure of the motherboard. Unless it's on warranty I suggest you buy a new one since they cost about $250. which is much less than repair costs for a new motherboard.

Good Luck
Misaonya Posts 2 Registration date Saturday January 31, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2015
Jan 31, 2015 at 11:57 PM
Thank you very much for your response. I really dont know why it suddenly went like that. I was using it normally as usual, no signs of anything too. I appreciate your response.
doesn't have any suggestions how to fix it first?
i have the same problem too
but i want to fix it on my own
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jul 8, 2016 at 03:27 AM
Hi Misaonya,

Sadly, it really seems like a motherboard failure. This can be confirmed with a professional laptop test, but I believe that the hardware is not responding. Disconnect the power supply and the battery and hold the power button again for a few seconds. Try to turn on the laptop. If the result is the same, contact a technician.
@les, sadly it seems that there is a serious problem with the motherboard. It is impossible to verify if the damage is repairable. If so, it may be costly and requires special tools and knowledge.

Hope this helps