Dell 1500 series computer shows blank screen at place of desktop

Closed
Singhbrinder Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2015 - Feb 3, 2015 at 12:42 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Feb 3, 2015 at 06:54 AM
Hello,

I have a 1500 series dell computer. The computer will turn on and the dell loading bar shows. It will go to the login in screen and I can login. Afterwards it will load for some time and when the desktop is supposed to come the screen goes to black screen. You can see the cursor moving around but no desktop to click on.

Please help

Thank You

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 3, 2015 at 06:54 AM
Hello Singhbrinder,

Can you hear the hard drive spin up or can you hear a sound of the fan spinning?
If you can't the it might be a HDD failure and the drive needs to be replaced.
If the drive is ok, then probably might be a corrupt Windows installation, and you'll need a Recovery Disk.
How to Create Recovery disk
You'll need a blank CD or an approximately 1Gb USB pen drive so you can make it from a different computer. Simply type 'Create' at your Start menu there. Choose Create Recovery Drive from Settings (if you run Win 8) or from the drop-down list (if you're running win 8.1).
The CD can only be created in Windows 8 using Windows 7 File Recovery. Ensure the installed Windows on the PC where you're trying to get data from is the same as your system /32 or 64 bit Windows/.
Leave the box unchecked for the Recovery Partition.
Get into the BIOS of your computer /Setup/ and make USB disk or optical drive /CD ROM/ 1st priority in the Boot menu, and boot from the Recovery Drive/Disk. Proceed via Troubleshoot to Advanced Options and first try System Restore to a point prior to your problem arising.
Here on this forum I've managed to find some information regarding your issue:
https://ccm.net/forum/affich-129187-dell-laptop-black-screen-flashing-cursor
https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/

Hope I helped.

KY_WD