Blue Screen error Stop: 0x00000024

Solved/Closed
Nips - Mar 19, 2009 at 04:56 AM
 Sthuper Sthluth - Jun 9, 2015 at 04:25 PM
Hello,
hi I read this blog and I have come accross that people from this blog are very helpfull. I need help.
i have got a compaq Evo N1020v Laptop with XP pro as an operating system.

problem ---> when I m trying to boot my laptop its coming up with blue screen error---->Stop: 0x00000024 (0x001902fe,0xfa3536d4,0xfa3536d4,0xfa3533d0,0xf9dacf73)

ntfs.sys - Address f9dacf73 base at f9d5f000, datestamp 48025be5

above is the full description of the error.

other problem is I tried to get into safe mode but it is not allowing me to start in any of the mode which includes

last good config
start windows normally
safe mode
safe mode with networking

i tried booting the laptop from the XP Disk and use repair ootion but that is showing the same blue screen error as I mentioned above. its not even allowing me to re-install xp

please help

only thing I could think of was to change my hard drive but I would wait for your replies and like to get some suggestions

please reply s soon as possible

Thanks
Nips

4 responses

Mani Scorpion
Jan 8, 2010 at 05:27 AM
Please check Compaq 510 Hard Drive Native Mode Configuration in BIOS Setup.

1. GOTO BIOS ROM Setup by pressing F10 key on keyboard.
2. Goto Advanced Tab and select On Board Devices.
3. Change the Valeu of SATA Hard Drive Native Mode from Enable to Disable.
4. After Disable the value save and exit from BIOS Setup. and continue to boot from Windows XP CD.

thanks & Best Regards,

Imran Bashir
Hi,

I have the same problem.
Thnaks for u r suggestion. It works for me.

Thanks a lot........
M.J.
thankyou sir ,
for your help
i solved my laptop error
thank you for sug.....
A ton of thanx to u ...muuaaahhhhh..!!! ma computer gonna work again..:)..:)..:)
<underline></underline does it work on windws 7 dell laptop
Sthuper Sthluth
Jun 9, 2015 at 04:25 PM
Thanks heaps! Worked for me on an Asus P5AD2-Premium, slightly different but set Silicon SATA to disable and XP booted. I tried chkdsk and copying new ntfs.sys file from XP CD, neither worked. I was just about to do a repair setup when I saw this post. Hopefully I can get my SATA drives working again by setting it back to enable...

Thanks again!