Laptop does not start, power LED blinks 3 times and stops. [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question milindgoswami 1Posts Tuesday February 17, 2015Registration date February 17, 2015 Last seen - Last answered on Feb 4, 2017 at 02:16 AM by VENGE
My dell inspiron 3537 is not starting up. It blinks the power LED 3 times and then the power LED stops blinking and stays on.

It is not showing the charger when I plug it in.
I have tried starting up by removing the battery and using just the charger, the problem stays. Since the power LED blinks when I'm on just charger mode, I don't think there is any problem with the charger.

Please help.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Still blinking but when i unplu the ac adapter it s on
Leave a comment
Helpful
plus moins
Hello,
Please try the below mentioned steps and see if the problem resolves:

1. Connect the AC adapter to a known good power outlet. Check Power LED indicator on AC Adapter with/without plugging into the Notebook.
2. If LED on the AC Adapter goes off only after connecting to notebook, the issue is with the motherboard.
3. If the AC Adapter LED is ON, then remove external peripherals, battery, AC Adapter and press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to drain Flea power.
4. Plug in the AC Adapter and battery and check if the computer powers on.
Do reply with results.

This was given by zohaib R in kioskea...
http://ccm.net/forum/affich-646132-my-dell-inspiron-laptop-is-not-starting-up
please follow this link...
PV- Apr 20, 2015 at 01:40 AM
Thank u so much for the solution..this really helped me ..
Inspiron User- Jul 29, 2016 at 07:41 AM
Hi,

I had the same problem with my Dell Inspiron 3537. I called customer care and they said that it's a motherboard problem and that I'll have to replace it. But this thing worked for me right now and I'm so relieved. I had two RAMs in my laptop. I opened the back of my laptop, tried checking the the RAM one by one. Then, I switched the places of RAMs and tried to turn my laptop on. After that, I put them back to their original positions. Somehow, it worked. My laptop started. Hope this helps.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?