Laptop does not start, power LED blinks 3 times and stops.

Solved/Closed
milindgoswami Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 17, 2015 - Feb 17, 2015 at 11:14 PM
 Maverick - Jan 6, 2022 at 05:53 PM
My dell inspiron 3537 is not starting up. It blinks the power LED 3 times and then the power LED stops blinking and stays on.

It is not showing the charger when I plug it in.
I have tried starting up by removing the battery and using just the charger, the problem stays. Since the power LED blinks when I'm on just charger mode, I don't think there is any problem with the charger.

Please help.
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Updated on May 22, 2020 at 03:13 AM
Hello,
Please try the below mentioned steps and see if the problem resolves:
  • 1. Connect the AC adapter to a known good power outlet. Check Power LED indicator on AC Adapter with/without plugging into the Notebook.
  • 2. If LED on the AC Adapter goes off only after connecting to notebook, the issue is with the motherboard.
  • 3. If the AC Adapter LED is ON, then remove external peripherals, battery, AC Adapter and press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to drain Flea power.
  • 4. Plug in the AC Adapter and battery and check if the computer powers on.

Do reply with results.

Thank u so much for the solution..this really helped me ..
Inspiron User
Jul 29, 2016 at 07:41 AM
Hi,

I had the same problem with my Dell Inspiron 3537. I called customer care and they said that it's a motherboard problem and that I'll have to replace it. But this thing worked for me right now and I'm so relieved. I had two RAMs in my laptop. I opened the back of my laptop, tried checking the the RAM one by one. Then, I switched the places of RAMs and tried to turn my laptop on. After that, I put them back to their original positions. Somehow, it worked. My laptop started. Hope this helps.
10-15 seconds holding the power button do the trick of removing flea current..!! fantastico..!!
Have done all this but is the same results. The Lenovo Thinkpad is still not working the light indicator of the battery still blinks for three and goes off
Maverick > AS
Jan 6, 2022 at 05:53 PM
Same symptoms here.
The laptop shuts down immediately after boot screen. Charger is fine. It's spitting 20v.
Sounds like a CPU or motherboard issue. No beeps on boot either.