Opening a ZIP file [Closed]

Ask a question Hawk40 5Posts Wednesday February 18, 2015Registration date February 18, 2015 Last seen - Last answered on Feb 18, 2015 at 10:55 AM by Hawk40
I downloaded free Phone book-Address Book and theres no way to unzip it. No file with the zipper icon or Unzip in the menu window.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
To extract files from ZIP files you can use 7zip.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Perhaps I just don't know how to use 7zip and open the address book. In the past an icon with a zipper folder on it worked. Perhaps this Free Book is just for portable and won't open to use on my computer.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
It could be a self-extracting zip file.

right click it and run as administrator?
Hawk40 5Posts Wednesday February 18, 2015Registration date February 18, 2015 Last seen - Feb 18, 2015 at 10:28 AM
I really appreciate you taking your time to help. But, the address book is in my Downloads file. If I click on it, it keeps wanting to download again into my Download file. If I right click, it only has the regular checks as any file.If I send it to the desktop as a short cut it still wants to keep downloading to the download file. Right clicking shows nothing new to try. Just don;t know how to use the 7zip to open it. It says it's a Portable version.. can it be used on the computer,, I would think so. Double clicking on it in the downloads file or on the desk top still brings up the same window to put it in the x86 again and it the downloads file twice.
kieferschild 2352Posts Sunday October 5, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus October 10, 2017 Last seen - Feb 18, 2015 at 10:30 AM
7zip can be installed to your computer like any old program.

is this address book freeware? can you send me the link you're downloading it from.
Hawk40 5Posts Wednesday February 18, 2015Registration date February 18, 2015 Last seen - Feb 18, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Its from the Kioskea site. I just found this site and like it.

http://ccm.net/download/download-11024-free-address-book-free-phone-book
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I've downloaded it and used it fine.

once you've downloaded it, go to where the ZIP file is and right-click > Extract All.

Then run the addressbook.exe file.

Or if you're using 7ZIP to extract..

Helpful
+0
plus moins
I think I give up. Never had this problem before. The book file only goes into the download file not to the desk top. If I right click on it there no choice for Unzip. I can hit 7zip when I go to Open With choice but it just does the same thing, it brings up a window to download it again.
I'm using win7 and chrome. Theres no way I can bring up an icon that has the choice of an unzip or a window for that choice.
Thanks
Hawk

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?