Can't format USB drive

Closed
Hooman - Mar 3, 2015 at 02:29 AM
navigatorsystemindia Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday February 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 24, 2015 - Mar 23, 2015 at 12:10 AM
Hello,
I built a bootable usb drive with ubunto (Linux) , now my drive wont format on windows and not detected on linux ! The capacity shown 8 MB but actually My drive is 1 GB.
how I can format my drive?

Related:

1 response

navigatorsystemindia Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday February 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 24, 2015 1
Mar 23, 2015 at 12:10 AM
If you want to format the usb drive, do it from computer management, go into device management, it will show you the usb drive, right click on it, then "delete logical drive" after that format it.
OR
Open up Disk Management (Right click on My Computer and select manage. Disk Management is an option of the left)
You should see your flash drive in the lower list. It is probably broken up into multiple parts (partitions). Just right click on each one and select delete. Then, right-click on the new unallocated space and create a new partition. This will delete all the information on the flash drive, but all the space will be recovered. You can also use a partition manager like GParted and select the correct disk and delete all of the partitions and create a new one. If you want it to work with Windows and Linux, FAT32 will probably offer the best compatibility.