COD4 acting super weird!!!

Closed
SuperCJ - Mar 9, 2015 at 12:36 PM
 Supercj - Jul 29, 2015 at 08:57 PM
I recently bought COD 4 Modern Warfare and it worked fine the first time I played it. The next day it had some weird issues. I really don't even know how to explain them, but I'll try my best.
It keeps having the "Connection Interrupted" causing my guy to jump around, which is annoying, but that's not the weirdest thing. I've had that issue sometimes with my other COD's but this game it happened A LOT! Probably 50% of the games had either the connection problem, or the game would start and immediately go to a Draw or a Tie because the host left. Another thing that kept happening is that the while at the screen where I vote for a map and select my weapon Class it would close the game and I would have to select Find Match again.

While the game was loading once it came up with a pop up message that said that a certain player sent me a patch. After that is when things really started acting crazy. The connection was really bad after that. Some of the graphics were showing up strange. Some were shiny like the Gold camo and colors were strange. One guy ran past me and he was wearing crazy fluorescent bright colors.

Another message popped up a day later and it was an ERROR and below it it said a players name and after that it said he had 128 bones...

It also added a Clan tag. I had not even gotten far enough into the game to unlock the Clan Tag option. The Clan tag was (GfK), which I researched and found out that it stood for Ghost Face Killers, which is a community consisting of 14 members, according to this site:
http://social.xfire.com/communities/gfk

My COD MW3 has had a bad connection since this started as well. I haven't tried my COD Black Ops, or MW2 or Ghosts yet though.

What the hell is happening?!!! Anybody ever had anything this crazy happen?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Mar 9, 2015 at 04:49 PM
Does it happen when playing a stand alone game, or only when online? What speeds do you subscribe to through your ISP? what speed are you getting through to the PC? Is it a wired or wireless connection? If it is wireless, try a wired one.

Let us in on the little questions I have, and we find something....
It's actually on my PS3 and is wireless. I've wanted to move my router next to the PS3 but there isn't a phone jack anywhere close so I might need to run one so I can hook it directly into the PS3.
Blocked Profile
Mar 10, 2015 at 05:13 PM
Well, the type of wireless can matter. Make certain you are connecting with G mode and not N. Unless you have cat5 cable to your phone jacks, I would not recoomend changing jacks, as you will cause an even more unstable network, and they will charge you to tell you to move it back, so be careful!
I've currently got the same... :/
Blocked Profile
Jul 29, 2015 at 08:51 PM
Did you verify the wireless connections?
I'm not exactly sure how to do that. My ps3 works just fine playing online with my other 5 COD games, so I don't know why this one would be any different. I just deleted it and don't play it anymore cause I'm sick of the problems.