Office icons disappeared in Programs list

Solved/Closed
pcmusic85 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday March 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 21, 2009 - Mar 21, 2009 at 11:31 PM
 n8 - Aug 28, 2010 at 03:04 PM
Hello,
My Office 2007 icons are all useless now. They are shells of what was useful. the programs still work but I have to access them with new icons I created. How can these be recreated or repaired when diagnostics in Office shows no problems.
Related:

2 responses

Hi

input the Cd of the office in the cd Room now it will show you that the office has been installed in this pc
choose from these choices
install
uninstall
repair

choose repair

hope this could help you

prince
I to lost my shortcuts - go to Office, 11, go down the list of all the parts - find the word, access, etc and right click on the program - you can "pin to start menu" or create shortcut. works for me as I have had error problems alot with kids on the computer this summer.
I dragged the icons from the Programs list accessed through the Start. PP and Excel logo came up OK but Word didn't. Here is how I fixed it, based on some previous replies.

First, close all open programs. (note: > = select)

> Control Panel; > Program and Features; Right Click MS Office Home and Student 2007; > Change; > Repair Circle; > Continue. Take a couple of minutes to repair the program files then you will be asked to reboot the system for the repairs to take effect. > reboot. You should then have the Word logo in the Icon on your desktop...at least that is what worked for me! technology is great........when it works! - edgey
You Rock!!! This was a bang on solution!! Worked really well for me... :) Thanks a zillion!
Thanks, it works! ; ) (Windows 7 - OS)
Thanks a million!!
PREFECT !!!!! THANKS