Itunes error message -42404

Closed
ready - Mar 22, 2009 at 06:33 AM
 Average Joe - Oct 9, 2009 at 11:54 PM
Hello,

Have finally got itunes version 8 installed but cant access any songs purchased or download new songs (limited access to store). The error message -42404 and saying that a component has not been installed. I have deleted and reinstalled itunes half a dozen times but to no avail. I need version 8 for new ipod.It may have something to do with authorisation.

Ready
Related:

2 responses

I'm not a tech genius, but this worked for me. I own a mac and I kept getting the error (-42405) and it annoyed the heck out of me. So here is what I did to make it work: I deleted my iTunes application (did not get rid of my song list). I then proceeded to download iTunes (version 9.0) from the Apple website. As I went through their wizard, when it asked me what I wanted to install... I clicked, "customize". I then deselected the Apple Support (which is for iphones and itouches - stuff i don't even use) and allowed iTunes to remain selected. I then clicked "upgrade". It downloaded, I opened iTunes, and the error message of death was gone. Haha Figures something I didn't need in the first place was screwing up my old itunes. :0) Hope this helps...
Meesmees1 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday February 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 3, 2009
Mar 23, 2009 at 05:40 AM
hi,
it may be due to a bug in the connection.
try this link to download the iTunes again:
https://support.apple.com/en_US/downloads