How do i recover a zipped file from a hard drive with corrupt mb

Solved/Closed
WilliamChap Posts 1 Registration date Sunday March 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2015 - Mar 15, 2015 at 05:24 AM
howardbridger Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 22, 2015 - Mar 22, 2015 at 05:46 AM
The problem is that I need to recover a zipped file from a corrupted hard drive. The hard drive is NOT physically damaged, only inaccessible due to the current state:
I accidentally, began ghost imaging and completed about 10% of the initial process before I canceled it. So now the system won't boot. I get a single flashing cursor in the top left corner of the screen. If I connect the hard drive to a SATA-to-USB adapter and connect it to my Windows XP computer it will show that the 'Mass Storage Device' is found and installed. But I can't see the device in My Computer or Disk Management.
What I think needs to be done is have the device (connected via USB) mounted so that I can use a file recovery program to scan the drive for files.

Does anyone have any ideas? I know I can complete the reimage and then try to recover the file but its about 2.6 GB in size and I have a feeling that no programs will be able to successfully recover the whole file. I would like to recover the file without reimaging the drive because chances of the files being overwritten are much greater if the image completes.
Related:

1 response

howardbridger Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday March 3, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 22, 2015 2
Mar 22, 2015 at 05:46 AM