Browser will not connect to the internet

Solved/Closed
autonkmd Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2015 - Mar 18, 2015 at 05:44 PM
 autonkmd - Mar 21, 2015 at 03:00 PM
I using an HP 355 G2 (64 bit OS) laptop with Windows 7. My browser is Firefox. Everything was working fine. I went to sign on to the internet and it would hangup . . . I tried several times and it would not connect. It went down on me and I booted back up. After which I tried to launch Firefox and Internet Explorer and neither one would work. I continue to get a blank page each time I tried. I do have an internet connection, and everything else works on the computer; my browser will not launch so I can get online.
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Mar 19, 2015 at 05:05 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Click on Start --> In search box, type cmd --> Then "CMD" will be

displayed in the search --> Now right-click on "CMD" ---> Select "Run as

administrator".

2) Now enter this command

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Press "Enter".

3) Reboot your computer

Good Luck.
autonkmd Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday March 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2015
Mar 19, 2015 at 11:19 AM
Still having problems. I'm getting "XPCOM." error message when attempting to load browser.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Mar 19, 2015 at 10:25 PM
Hello,
Are you getting the XPCOM error in every browser?
Good Luck
Seems to be just Firefox; also when I try to go to Norton Support. I cannot open Norton either.
Mar 21, 2015 at 06:29 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
1) Click on the below hyperlink "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free" and download free version.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Install it --> Make sure you uncheck the option "Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium" --> Update it and perform "Full
Scan".
2) Uninstall your firefox and install it back again. Make sure that while uninstalling the firefox, you don't select the option to remove the personal data because this will delete all your bookmarks etc.
Good Luck
Thank you . . . since I could not launch any browser, I downloaded the software to a thumb drive on another computer. Then I saved the file to my desk top on the computer which could not launch any internet browser. Then I was able to run the program on the sick computer. All seems to be working fine.

Thanks! Thank you for not giving up on my issue.