Monitor display not working (DELL-INSPIRON)

Closed
sai - Mar 23, 2015 at 01:47 AM
 sai - Mar 25, 2015 at 02:12 AM
Hi Guys,

My laptop screen is not displaying anything, even though the system is ON and I can hear the system functioning. But I am unable to see anything (not even the DELL logo). I have tried shutting down the laptop forcefully many times and switching it ON again, but nothing worked. I have important data in C-drive. Kindly help me in resolving this issue.

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Mar 23, 2015 at 03:34 AM
maybe your monitor Interface loose, so try to check the cables, or use another monitor to have a try. make sure what's the problem: is the monitor or the monitor drivers.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Mar 23, 2015 at 06:04 AM
Try this

1. Remove the battery and cable.

2. Press and hold the power button for 58 seconds.

3. Replug and start.

Good luck
Hi Ambucias,

The solution You suggested is not working. can you give an alternative which can resolve the issue.
jzipwiz Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2015 > sai
Mar 24, 2015 at 12:26 PM
shut your laptop off. Wait 10 seconds or more . Turn it back on. When you hear it starting to boot up (listen for any sounds that it's booting up. When you hear it, or hopefully see the Dell Logo, start pressing F8 continuously. when the boot option show on your screen. Choose "Safe Mode with networking. When safe mode shows up, wait about 3 mins or so then shut down using "Log Off" option. It will shut off, but another screen will appear. At that time , choose "restart. Give it some time and your "Log on Screen should appear. Log in as usual.Hopefully using you password.
sai > jzipwiz Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday March 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2015
Mar 25, 2015 at 02:12 AM
The problem with my Laptop is, the DELL logo itself is not appearing. I can hear the system functioning, but there is no image on the screen. Even to continue to SAFE MODE I am unable to see anything on the screen.