Toshiba Laptop Cursor is Frozen and Won't Work

Closed
christy199 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday April 7, 2015 Status Member Last seen April 7, 2015 - Apr 7, 2015 at 02:11 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Apr 9, 2015 at 10:51 AM
Hello! I have a Toshiba laptop that I've had for about 2 years. The cursor has recently became frozen or disappears altogether. I've tried using F5 and it does nothing. I've turned my laptop on and off and it still won't work. I downloaded an antivirus software to make sure there wasn't some sort of virus on my laptop preventing the mouse from working as well, and that still didn't fix it. I've discovered if I hold down the left click button and drag, the mouse will work, but that's the only time and it's extremely aggravating. Does anyone know anything else I can do that I haven't already tried that will solve this problem? Please help me if you can. I need my computer for college and I have things I need to do ASAP, and this cursor situation is preventing me from doing it. Thanks in advance!
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Apr 9, 2015 at 10:51 AM
Hello christy199,

When was the last time that you defragmented your hard drive? Seems like it has some bad sectors on it. Try booting up into Safe mode and see if you have access to command prompt line. When you go there use the chkdsk : /p /r command to repair your disk.
You could also try to extract your files through Linux Live CD since the problem might be hidden within your hard drive.
If you have a suitable PC company you can trust, bring your laptop to them in order to make tests of the RAM and cooling system because sometimes not enough cooling can make your video chip to work unproperly.

Hope this helps,

KY_WD