SEAGATE HDD NOT INITIALIZED, NOT SHOWING IN MY COMPUTER&DISKLIST

Closed
RobiKim Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 6, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2015 - May 6, 2015 at 05:31 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - May 12, 2015 at 07:38 AM
Bought a Seagate BackUp Plus Portable Drive (1TB) last April 16, 2015.
Today is May 06, 2015. The problem started yesterday.
Whenever I plug the HDD, there would be the confirmation sound that it is plugged but it wouldn't show up in the 'My Computer' and the 'AutoPlay' wouldn't pop-up.

I've read a lot of similar problems but all I tried to do was uninstall the 'Seagate Dashboard' hoping when I unplug the HDD it would suggest an installation and it would fix the problem but unfortunately, it didn't happen.

My drive shows up in the DEVICE MANAGER under the disk drive.
I read about DISKPART and DISKLIST but my drive wouldn't show up in the LIST VOLUME command or the DISK LIST.

My drive wouldn't show up in the upper window of DISK MANAGEMENT but shows in lower window as Disk1.

It shows up like
Disk1
Unknown
931.51 GB
Not Initialized

In states on the stripe part as unallocated with black bar on the top.Whenever I try to r-click it only the 'properties' and 'help' can be clicked.

When I right-click the Disk1 it shows:
Initialize Disk(It's greyed/ cannot click)
Properties
Help

Whenever I try to initialize it( when it automatically shows when opening disk management. MRPB(I don't quite remember the exact letter but I don't select the GUI(?) one) selected. I would stae, "DISK NOT READY"

I've also tried to populate the volume based on what I've read but it stated the same thing. I'm willing to format it because all it contain is videos which I have copies on my laptop.

All I have is a laptop(Lenovo, Win 7)

I would really appreciate your help. If you have any question that can help fix my problem, I would gladly answer it.
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
May 6, 2015 at 08:37 AM
Hey there, RobiKim.

I'd suggest that you try the drive with a different USB cable (not longer than 12") and a different if you get the chance, just to see if the same thing happens. I'd also recommend that you download the manufacturer's diagnostic tool to try and test the drive, to see what's the situation with it and if any errors pop-up. You can try using it to low level format (or Write Zeros) the drive to see if you're able to initialize it afterwards.
If nothing works for you, it would probably be best to RMA it.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative
I actually tried the sea tools but nothing really happened, earlier I went to RMA it but nonetheless, thank you for suggesting and trying to help! I'm feel grateful!
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37 > RobiKim
May 12, 2015 at 07:38 AM
You are most welcome. The important thing is that you were able to replace the drive. Hopefully everything is OK from now on. :)