WiFi change the common dsl router username

Closed
sbtikoo - May 8, 2015 at 09:33 AM
 Blocked Profile - May 12, 2015 at 05:05 PM
Hello,
I have a bsnl wireless bband modem with wifi ( ZXDSL 531BIIV7.3.of_D09_IN)
1. I want to change the common dsl router username/password given as 'admin'.
2. My Wi-Fi is secured with a password. I want to set password for use of bband on my pc as well. Before activation of WiFi I was required to enter password for getting connected to net.Since activation of Wi-Fi, the net for my pc gets connected by default when modem is put on without any password protection.To be precise I would like to have password protection for both.Please help.

Related:

5 responses

Blocked Profile
May 12, 2015 at 05:05 PM
Ok, are you wanting to manually configure the network?

If so, tell the PC to forget the network that you wish to configure. Now configure it, and uncheck remember the network, or uncheck connect automatically when in range. Now, when your pc is in range, you find it, and hit connect. It will then ask you for a username and password! VIOLA!

As for the security of the router admin login, that is something different, and has nothing to with accessing the network.

Blocked Profile
May 8, 2015 at 05:02 PM
OK, to complete both of these issues, contact your BSNL provider and have tech support walk you through these changes, you are already paying for tech support!
Thanks for the response. BSNL people have not been able to solve the problem. They say that I will have to disable the LAN for protection against misuse of my pc net. This means that I will have to put on my pc every now and then to disable my pc net which is not a practical thing.Anyway thanks once again.
garykertson Posts 4 Registration date Saturday May 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2015
May 9, 2015 at 06:41 AM
i don't think so that WiFi Change the Common DSL Router Username.
They don't change. But my PC net remains unprotected as it gets connected by dafault which I don't want.
Blocked Profile
May 11, 2015 at 04:47 PM
OK, well is this solved, or closed?
Not yet

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
May 12, 2015 at 12:47 AM
Hello sbtikoo,
The BSNL have settings in your pc when they give internet connection to your pc...
The username and password will be asked if there is any other new pc or devices with wifi access your wifi connection.. by default you didn't get the username password login page..
if you have to change the settings contact your BSNL customer care...
Actually the they didnt provide Admin as user name it start with your landline number and name of the person who seeking for connection...