Gmail receiving emails directly going to trash

Solved
iltaf hussain - May 12, 2015 at 04:14 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 - Jun 7, 2023 at 07:08 AM
Hello,

Dear all I have a problem with my gmail,whenevr I receive new email it display in trash bin,kindly help me if you can

Related:

2 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Updated on Nov 29, 2018 at 05:10 AM
Hello,
If your incoming or sent messages are automatically placed in Trash, the cause is a misconfigured filter, or a setting on your Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.

To resolve this issue, please make sure you haven't created any filters with the action Delete it that would affect the messages in question. If you have many filters or have complicated filters in place, you may need to edit the Delete it action to guarantee that they are not at fault.

If you've enabled forwarding in your settings, please ensure that you have not selected delete Gmail's copy in your forwarding options.

If you're using a POP client to access Gmail, please ensure that you have not selected delete Gmail's copy in step 2 of your POP download options.

Finally, if you're accessing your Gmail from multiple POP clients (with recent mode), please verify that you have selected 'Leave a copy of messages on server' in your client configuration settings.

Thanks, I just deleted the filter, and now I can receive emails in inbox not in trash
Very helpful. Thanks