Gmail receiving emails directly going to trash [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question iltaf hussain - Last answered on Sep 29, 2017 at 05:24 AM by Duncarama
Hello,

Dear all I have a problem with my gmail,whenevr I receive new email it display in trash bin,kindly help me if you can

Helpful
+3
plus moins
Hello,
If your incoming or sent messages are automatically placed in Trash, the cause is a misconfigured filter, or a setting on your Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.

To resolve this issue, please make sure you haven't created any filters with the action Delete it that would affect the messages in question. If you have many filters or have complicated filters in place, you may need to edit the Delete it action to guarantee that they are not at fault.

If you've enabled forwarding in your settings, please ensure that you have not selected delete Gmail's copy in your forwarding options.

If you're using a POP client to access Gmail, please ensure that you have not selected delete Gmail's copy in step 2 of your POP download options.

Finally, if you're accessing your Gmail from multiple POP clients (with recent mode), please verify that you have selected 'Leave a copy of messages on server' in your client configuration settings.
iltaf hussain- May 12, 2015 at 04:59 AM
Dear thanks ,i just delete the filter .And now I can receive emails in inbox not in trash .Again bundle of thanks
Helpful
+1
plus moins
I have the same problem. I have no filters enabled, the sender is in my Contacts, and I'm accessing Gmail directly from Google/Gmail (not forwarded or picked up by another email program).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Ambucias 45409Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus October 10, 2017 Last seen - Sep 21, 2017 at 03:43 AM
Read Computertech' answer
matcube- Sep 2, 2017 at 02:32 AM
Same problem, started yesterday after having created a bunch of filters, some (but not all) new messages go to trash. I double checked the filters seem ok. Anybody solved it?
vatsu- Sep 19, 2017 at 04:15 PM
Same here. no filters interfering nor POP/IMAP nor apps.
amcgarchibald 2Posts Wednesday September 20, 2017Registration date September 20, 2017 Last seen - Sep 20, 2017 at 08:27 PM
Same problem. And checked all filters and IMAP forwarding. I was also a victim of same phishing scam as Mel. Any solutions ?
Duncarama- Sep 29, 2017 at 05:24 AM
I fixed this - I was using Unroll me (a website that accesses your account to remove lots of email subscriptions). It was Automatically Binning messages it thought was trash, try changing your password, thats fixed it for me.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?