Acer Laptop is not booting

Solved/Closed
Eshwar - May 17, 2015 at 03:20 PM
 EswarBalu - May 19, 2015 at 02:41 PM
Hello,
I have a acer laptop. Already i had windows 7 professional OS. I installed windows 7 Ultimate two days back. And I installed some software's. On that day it was worked fine. Today I opened my laptop. It's just switched on, but its not booting Windows 7. In black screen the cursor is blinking only. I dont know what happened to my system. Kindly help me as soon as possible. You can reply to my mail also..

Thanks in Advance,
Logehs B
      • @***.

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
May 18, 2015 at 03:13 AM
Hi Eshwar,

I would recommend you to use you Windows Installation disc and choose to repair the computer. Start the Command Prompt and use the following commands.
Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd

Press enter after every command.

Hope this helps
Thank you for your information. Sorry, I dint inform that to you. I don't have cd drive in my laptop. And also, if my laptop is booting then only I can enter into the command prompt. When i switched on my laptop that time the hard disk light is blinking. When lap is trying to boot, that time the hard disk light will be turned off. And a black screen is only appearing. Finally, when I forcely shut down my lap, that time again its blinking. Can you help me please to solve this.?

Thanks in Advance,
Eshwar B.
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155 > EswarBalu
May 19, 2015 at 02:53 AM
You may enter Command Prompt if you are booting from external device. If you do not have a CD ROM, you may use an installation pen drive. Other option may be updating your BIOS. Search for some recent BIOS version on your motherboard manufacturer's web page. You can update BIOS using a pen drive.
Thank you very much for your solution....