Acer Aspire 51 won't boot until I took out the battery

Solved/Closed
reagolly Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2015 - May 18, 2015 at 10:55 PM
reagolly Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2015 - May 20, 2015 at 01:07 PM
I have an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop. It would boot up and shut down after a few seconds. I put it on a hard surface and it started working for awhile. Then after about a few week it started to boot and shut down after a few seconds again.
I cleaned the memory, took out the battery and the power cord and pressed the power button for 58 seconds and put things back together but it still didn't work.
I took the battery out and plugged in the power cord while the battery was out and pushed the power button and it worked. Then I put the battery back in and it boot up a few seconds and shut down. I took the battery out again and it boots up normally.
My question is: Can I continue to run it without the battery? Will it harm the computer? Do I need to get another battery? The battery is a Li-ion Rechargeable Model BATBL50L6, Charging Current 3.2A.
If this is a solution to a problem and it is safe, I want everyone to know.
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
May 19, 2015 at 12:25 AM
Hello reagolly,
Laptop is generally used for the purpose that when we are in outside the home we unable to charge the laptop without power cord so we need battery to work... but usually at home there is power cord so there is no need of battery... Direct AC adapter is enough without battery... i think your battery dead... as you said Power adapter is enough ... it never cause any problems..
All the best
reagolly Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2015
May 20, 2015 at 01:07 PM
Thank you and I appreciate you getting back to me. God bless you.