Ask a question Report

Windows script host error [Solved/Closed]

mn - Latest answer on Dec 16, 2012 01:28PM
Hello,i ve ds huge malfunctionin of..WINDOWS SCRIPT HOST ERROR..on ma start up.and after ds...every time i log on 2 ne syt...i get it as...."Google-".......in da status bar....i tried 2 delete da vbs file 4m registry as suggested in one of the repair sytz....however,it did nt wrk!!!
plz direct me as 2 wt 2 do!!!
Read more 
Answer
+76
moins plus
Hi i ve got windows script host error. It say's that can not find script file "C:\Documents and Settings\user\boot.vbs" plz direct me What to do?

Answer
+58
moins plus
Don't Worry,,,
Dude,,, it's not a problem...Ok Actually Ur settings are set to defaults...Just do as I written follow.....
actually windows script host is created by microsoft for running any types of scripts in startup mode...
you can disable Windows Script Host; this will prevent users from running any scripts (including VBScript and JScript scripts) that rely on WSH.

To disable Windows Script Host, create one of the following two registry entries (REG_DWORD) and set the value to 0 (you need to create the entry, because it does not exist by default). To disable WSH for a particular user, create this entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings\Enabled

Now...When enforced, the following message will be displayed any time a user attempts to run a WSH script:

Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details.

This message box appear even if the user attempts to start the script from a batch file or using a designated script host (for example, by typing cscript.exe c:\scripts\myscript.vbs at the command prompt).

Problem is solved.....

larrymey 1Posts Monday March 2, 2009Registration date March 4, 2009 Last seen - Mar 4, 2009 02:43PM
Hello,
I would like to do the opposite...permit Win Script Host to overide the admin. in order to download a motorola file update. How would I be able to do this? Any help would really be appreciated. I use win xp and explorer 7
Thanks.
PK- Mar 27, 2010 04:42AM
VISH Dec 23, 2008 3:02am GMT

You Rock Man Thanks of Lotssssss!!!!
D- Dec 16, 2012 01:28PM
Hey can you please explain this process in simple english.
Answer
+29
moins plus
ai.... I will start my system properly opened desktop page.but same time one error page -"windows script host" also visible.that page inside "can not find script filec:\windows/system32/rigidit.sys. how to salve this problem pls help me.
thankyou.

Answer
+25
moins plus
Everytime I open windows I get a message it say's that it can not find script host. And I download antivirse and virise protection and it still shows the message when I go to the start up screen.

Answer
+20
moins plus
ai.... I will start my system properly opened desktop page.but same time one error page -"windows script host" also visible.that page inside "can not find script filec:\windows/system32/rigidit.sys. how to salve this problem pls help me.
thankyou.

Answer
+12
moins plus
U saved my ASS!! UR Great. It really worked. ThAnKs......

Answer
+9
moins plus
when I reboot a xp pc, a loading scipt "c:\windows\microsoft office update for windows xp.sys" failed".
Also, "you have files waiting to be written to CD". How can I get rid of those message.

Answer
+6
moins plus
I'm running windows 7 and it work like this:

press start button
type msconfig.exe
under general click Selective Start-up
and then go to the Start Up tab
find the startup item(s) with a command of Wscript.exe
unchecked them and click apply.

click restart when restart selection prompts.

it worked on me i hope it works on you too^^

Answer
+5
moins plus
Dear All,
I kept trying various things to get rid of the wscript error that didn't let me load my task manager or let me enter into the registry and it would.nt delete either. After various forums, i cracked the wscript.exe viruus error and its been a while now. Thought i'd come back and help a few who might have the same issue.
Hope you have a good antivirus installed to begin with. Login using safe mode (press F8 while computer starts loading) and once in safe mode, download 'security task manager' (available on google). Once it is installed, open it and end wscipt.exe from the current processes wherever you find it. As you end that, go to your windows search engine and search for wscript.exe. It will load each place that the virus is hidden (make sure you choose 'search hidden files too'. So as the search gives results, select al and hit shift+delete to permanently delete it. Do not fear, do it.
Then while in safe mode, run a complete system virus scan. restart your computer. You would have removed the virus off your computer. My brother works with norton, he was mighty impressed by my try and success.

Regards,
Aparna

manga- Mar 29, 2010 02:54AM
Hi Aparna,
The procedure looks very promising. My problem is that I can not install the security task manager. After running it opens a black window with a crazy prompt in it appearing all over the window. Is it possible that the virus is blocking this as well?
I wold really like to get rid of this ...... . Could you help?

Thank you,
Answer
+3
moins plus
windows\system32\winjpg.jpg

Answer
+3
moins plus
This is the solution

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;ENGLISH
;Windows Script Host
;Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details.
;Source: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee198684.aspx
;Disabling: "Enabled"=dword:00000000

;TÜRKÇE
;Windows Kod Merkezi Eri?imi
;Windows Kod Merkezi eri?imi bu makineden devre d???. Ayr?nt?lar için yöneticinize ba?vurun
;Kaynak: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee198684.aspx
;Pasif hale getirmek için: "Enabled"=dword:00000000

;To enable WSH for a particular user
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings]
"Enabled"=dword:00000001

;To enable WSH for all users of a particular computer
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings]
"Enabled"=dword:00000001

Answer
+1
moins plus
evrtym i open my usb (in my desktop & laptp) thru OPEN, the words WINDOWS SCRIPT HOST: CAN NOT FIND SCRIPT FILE E:\SAMOK.VBS wil apear and files wil not b opend, unless i doubl-click it.. but wen i open it in a comptr shop, it wud open.. how can i remov dat SAMOK.VBS from my usb..??

Answer
+0
moins plus
GREAT HELP

Thank you!

Answer
+0
moins plus
the message is "can not find C:\WINDOWS\system\winjpg.jpg" and the problem is that it appears whenever I try to enter a command in the "Run"- (the prompt) or try to enter the task manager. No spy/malware is helping.
Maybe there is a solution with the regedit but in this case is not accessible.
Help please.

Answer
+0
moins plus
hai.... I will start my system properly opened desktop page.but same time one error page -"windows script host" also visible.that page inside "can not find script filec:\windows/system32/rigidit.sys. how to salve this problem pls help me.
thankyou.

Answer
+0
moins plus
i am was checked my mail.And then went to outside come back,but my system internet cnnection disconnected.how to remove autodisconnect internet connection.

Answer
+0
moins plus
hi .i have this

Answer
+0
moins plus
thank u

Answer
moins plus
hai.... I will start my system properly opened desktop page.but same time one error page -"windows script host" also visible.that page inside "windows script error/system32/rigidit.sys. how to salve this problem pls help me.
thankyou.

This document entitled « windows script host error » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.