Shortcut Virus Not going Away!

Closed
abhinavnain Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 26, 2015 - May 26, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 26, 2015 at 04:31 PM
I know that this post about yet another shortcut virus seem stupid , but I have got the regular shortcut virus, in which the shortcut gets removed by any antivirus or by CMD's attribute command but the real magic is when I again plugin the pendrive and viola! there we are again with that madafaka virus! its not leaving my system and that is making me feel very uncomfortable and irritated. I have tried every possible solution (except for a system format, which for some obvious reasons I don't want to do).
In short, the shortcut virus is not going away, the shortcut does get deleted but its still there.
The virus:
1. Creates one single shortcut and copies all the stuff.
2. While using the pd or even after removing the virus(simple deletion by antivirus or CMD) I cannot move the files from that 'single spaced' folder.
3. Creates your life hell!
4. Doesn't go away with any antivirus, malware removal tool, spyware removal tool, adware removal tool, any-efing-ware removal tool!

Important Note: While I was trying to find solutions for this s**t I came across one (kind of) wierd thing which was the shortcut. The shortcut's target box had something like 'system32/rundll32.exe /$~sjdbcywyfbrvbf.bak, dmncgsafkv' and fortunately I was able to find this '$~sjdbcywyfbrvbf.bak' in the pd itself (it was hidden as a system file) and the entry point 'dmncgsafkv' it was in this bak file (opened with notepad). Now this entrypoint function was written (I think) in a format related to MSIL along with it a dll 'sdvsnasllckdn.dll' was also mentioned where this function was defined.

Any help is appreciated.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
May 26, 2015 at 04:31 PM
Hello,

This will certainly solve your issue:

# Download USB Fix
  • It will launch automatically, and a shortcut will be created on your desktop.

• Choose "Clean" option.
  • A pop-up will follow :
    Connect all your external data sources to your PC (Usb keys, external drives, etc...)
  • Once you're ready, click "OK".
  • While cleaning, you will loose access to your desktop, but this is normal.

The numbers of analysed and infected elements are displayed.

# Copy/paste the report here.

Tutorial : http://www.en.usbfix.net/2014/02/usbfix-tutorial-clean-option/