Windows 8, cant hear sound from speakers or headphones

Closed
suak - May 27, 2015 at 05:49 PM
 Alice_Phoebe - Jun 1, 2015 at 03:23 AM
hi. for 5 days i've been unable to hear my speakers or hear any sound from my headphones. i've tried everything. i can't install drivers or change anything beacuse i'm not admin adn ym mom and my sister don't know the pass to the admin account. please. i went into the realtek control panel and when i pluged my headphones in ,ti reloaded and the left of right of the picture with the latpop has x signs across it. please oh god help me. audio and headphones work on everything else.

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 28, 2015 at 01:13 PM
Try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

Open the Playing Audio troubleshooter by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.? Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/tips-fixing-common-sound-problems