Long beep sound [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Abijah 2Posts Monday June 1, 2015Registration date June 1, 2015 Last seen - Last answered on Apr 6, 2016 at 05:20 PM by ac3mark
My cpu makes long beep sound continuously and my monitor is not turning on" no display". it is sure that monitor has no problem but cpu has somthing wrong .please help me!!!
Helpful
+7
plus moins
Please count the number of beeps before it stops and starts back, or if you don t feel doing that, follow this. Sorry to say this will be a fairly lengthy test. What you need to do first of all is boot up your computer with:

CPU installed
NO sticks of memory (RAM)
NO hard disks / storage devices
NO peripheral cards on (PCI-E/PCI/AGP/etc), that means no video card too if you're not using an on-board one
Literally just CPU and motherboard connected to the PSU

You must also disconnect the power supply cables form hard disks / storage devices, as a PSU will cut off power if a peripheral component like this has a short circuit happening. Ensure data cables are also disconnected.

Good luck
Was this answer helpful?  
Abi- Jun 6, 2015 at 09:36 AM
It worked!! thank you.
stevenleboss 102Posts samedi 22 juin 2013Registration date August 24, 2016 Last seen - Jun 14, 2015 at 02:28 PM
You're welcome!
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Take out the RAM, and Re-seat it! If you continue to have problems, please RE-POST A NEW THREAD!

Make certain the PC is off, and the power supply is unplugged. Also hold the power button down for about 3 seconds after you unplug it to get rid of the voltage on the board!

Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi,
Is it one beep or many?

The problem can be detected from that...
Abijah 2Posts Monday June 1, 2015Registration date June 1, 2015 Last seen - Jun 1, 2015 at 10:12 AM
Beeeeep...............Beeeeep...............Beeeeep...............Beeeeep.............Beeeeep...............and its continuing without any display
Pradheep- Apr 6, 2016 at 05:14 PM
My pc 3 beep sound come, how to clear the problem.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?